Life Through My Eyes

Life Through My Eyes

Monday, October 25, 2010

Aloha from Hawaii!!!


I am in Hawaii with Keith’s family for the week. We arrived at the Kahului Airport yesterday morning. We took a shuttle over to enterprise to pick up our two Dodge Chargers. One of them is red and I absolutely love seeing Keith’s mom drive it. Just picture Sophia Petrillo from The Golden Girls driving a huge red Dodge Charger....... quite funny. I’m not even sure she can see over the dashboard. We made ourselves at home at the Maui Kamaole Condos. We are just a hop and a skip away from Kamaole Beach 3, so we went for a short walk and swim last night before hitting the hay.
This morning I woke up early and had my typical 2 cups of coffee and a banana followed by an hour run. Keith, Amy, and Brian did a little snorkeling while I was out, then we all met up to hike Waihee Ridge Trail. The trail was an out and back 2.5 miles uphill, then down. Unfortunately, it was foggy at the top and we were unable to see the view from the top. The best part was eating the random fruits from the trees. Keith doesn’t want anything to do with my tree eating habits. He says he is waiting for me to get sick. I am just banking on my stomach of steal.
Here is the trail we did today. We found it in the Maui Revealed book that Kelly Fiock let us borrow. Thanks Kelly!
Here are a few pictures.








Thanks for reading!

JenniferMarie

3 comments:

  1. You guys are staying right down the street from where we stayed. Per Rob Henderson's suggestion you have to try Alexanders Fish and Chips in Kihei. It's a little fish and chips place north from where you are near the outdoor market place. You might also want to try Mama's Fish House in Paia. Expensive but totally good.

    If you got the insurance for the Chargers I'd roll those to Hana.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! Thank you so much for the recommendations.

    PS We did get insurance!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep, I was going to say the same, you are right near or at the place we stayed in Kehei. We found a good Thai place too near there set in the back off the road. I love that island.

    ReplyDelete