Life Through My Eyes

Life Through My Eyes

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

The Physique Rating


I am curious about this physique rating phenomenon.  Apparently a perfect score is a 9, and the lowest a 1. I find it to be a slap in the face that a 10 doesn’t even exist.  This has been brought to my attention after taking my two well-rounded cats to the kitty Dr. yesterday.  They both scored a 5.  I think the veterinarian was in a generous mood, lets be honest.  I am pretty sure 16 pound cats are considered overweight if not obese.  Moving on........... My bathroom scale has told me that I am an 8 for the past 3 years.  My question is this, what does a girl have to do to score a 9?  It’s impossible. Keith and I have tried and tried.  I will tell you the problem.  The problem is that the bathroom scale has been in society for far too long.  It has already adopted the philosophy of striving for the body you will never have.  It has set unreasonable expectations.  I bet that that stupid scale doesn’t even have the ability for a 9 to pop up on the screen. 

Let’s face it....... There is no such thing as perfect, only pretty close.  Vella and Mahoney couldn’t be happier and they are sitting on a 5.  I think I’ll take my 8 and toast into the New Year. 


Thanks for reading
~JenniferMarie

3 comments: