Life Through My Eyes

Life Through My Eyes

Friday, July 16, 2010

Inside the Innie Canyon

This is the first post in which I will discuss a body part: the belly button. As a child we are quick to learn that some people have an “innie” and others have an “outie.” I myself have a canyon! The thing is so deep, I can’t see the end. This becomes problematic for hygienic purposes. I do my best to keep the canyon clean, but there is not much you can do when the end is nowhere in sight. This afternoon I came home from a tough bike ride in the heat, and gave my belly button a little scratch. I noticed a waxy textured substance in my belly button, like what you may find in your ear. I tried to clean it out, but it’s nearly impossible to hold my belly button open while sticking a q-tip in it. This called for immediate action and attention. I called for help, KEITH! In discussed he refused to help me, but knew it was a necessity. I held my belly button open while Keith dug at it with hydrogen peroxide, 8 q-tips, and a headlamp. He finished the job by spraying Dust-off (the original compressed gas duster) in my belly button hole. All Clean! WHEW. Who knew it was this tough to properly clean your belly button?

5 comments:

  1. We can take one of my clean belly button:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Peroxide AND compressed air? I suggest brake cleaner. It's kind of like a 2 in 1 in one can. Plus it's cheap and you can use it on a bunch of other stuff. It's also likely to keep anything from growing in there for awhile. YMMV.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OOOOOOOO Ryan, you love it. I am sure you would do the same for your gf.

    ReplyDelete