Life Through My Eyes

Life Through My Eyes

Friday, July 2, 2010

The First Post: The Belly Up Lizard

I have decided to start blogging. I am unable to join the twitter bandwagon because I have far more to say then twitter characters will allow. I am not even sure what the initial blog post should contain, but I figure I'll just talk about my day. You will get to know me through my writing I am sure.

Today was, well, normal. I really didn't do anything at all to contribute to society. I woke up around 3am thinking about a photo shoot I have on Wednesday. I don't know why, but I'm a tad nervous. I think it's because I have terrible cycling tan lines. I want these photos to look good for the Miss California USA program. I had a hard time falling back to sleep because my boyfriend tends to sleep dead center and my cat at the end of the bed. This leaves little room for me and they both breath terribly loud. Keith and I woke up late and did the regular household chores. He cleaned the bikes up and got them ready for the weekends races. I watered the plants and planed a BBQ for our PC race team DILLIGAF. Keith left for work and I decided to lay out and fix my tan lines. I grabbed my sign language book so that I could study up a bit. I got in the pool, floating on the little raft. To my surprise I saw a nasty belly up lizard in the pool. I almost died! I tried to paddle to the other end of the pool with one hand while holding my book in the other. I found my self turing in circles in a panic. I didn't want to get my book wet, but possible diseases that I may encounter from a belly up lizard were rushing through my mind. Needless to say I somehow made it out of the pool. I almost just left the lizard, but I managed to scoop it out with the pool cleaning thing. I tossed him over the fence. I hope he doesn't start to smell. I couldn't possibly be by the pool any longer, so the next best thing was to add to my already horrible tan lines by getting on my bike. I went to go visit Keith at work. He was on his break looking at bicycle parts. The ride there was just grand. I saw a poor dead kitten and was stopped on the path due to a fire. I then thought about the damage the smoke was causing to my pre-race lungs. I think I may be some sort of paranoid science geek. I don't know. I made it home, now writing a blog.

I guess thats my day. It's kind of fun to just jot down my thoughts.

Thanks for reading

JenniferMarie

3 comments:

  1. You know the best way to get rid of tan lines is to ride naked. Depending on the time of day you might fit in if you're on the bike trail.

    How big was that lizard? For it to smell I think it would have to be pretty big. If you're lucky a bird or cat has already gotten it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mike......... An update on the Lizard, it's gone!!! I went out by the pool and smelt a terrible stench. I thought it may be the Lizard. Well, he was gone. I thought that he may have just been sleeping in the pool and got up and walked away, but then I read your post. Your scenario sounds a little more realistic. I guess the smell was from Keiths lack of picking up dog poo. nAsTy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete