Life Through My Eyes

Life Through My Eyes

Tuesday, November 13, 2018

Bioluminescence


We made our way a bit further south and stationed our home for the week at the Waitomo Top 10 Holiday Park, yes that's the name of it.  If you're in Waitomo it's pretty much a necessity to visit the Glowworm caves.  Our good friends Will and Jo recommended the Black Abyss Tour with Black Water Rafting Co.  It is advertised as being the ultimate adventure in caving tours with abseiling, zip lining and waterfall climbs. I am glad I didn't know exactly what I was signing up for, otherwise I would have panicked and sat in the van!  Keith on the other hand seems to be an expert at all things so the 100 foot drops, low ceilings and small crawls didn't faze him a bit.  I actually feel pretty proud of myself for completing something a tad out of my comfort zone.  Check out the pics!

Group Shot 
Abseil Practice
I'm actually going to do this...... Abseiling 100 feet down to spend 5 hours in a dark, wet cave!  I am very nervous despite that fake smile!
Keith is doing it!
ZipLine
Wait Wait... we have to jump off that rock and into the freezing water?!?!
Ok, the waterslide was fun!
Oh those small space crawls though.... 
Why did my husband have to point out the Eel in the water?!
Glowworms aka insect larvae, but I am sure that won't sell tickets.
We climbed up two 15ft waterfalls to get out, and OMG I am still alive!
Comfort food = comfort zone! Tomo Bar & Eatery

Thanks for reading,
JenniferMarie

If you missed our Aukland Adventure, click here!





















No comments:

Post a Comment