Life Through My Eyes

Life Through My Eyes

Sunday, October 4, 2015

Urban Cow Half Marathon 2015

It's the first Sunday of October and that could only mean one thing, Urban Cow Half Marathon!  I'm sure I've stated multiple times before during the UCH 2010UCH 2011UCH 2013UCH 2014 that Urban Cow is my favorite race EVER!  The cow paraphernalia had me smiling the entire way!  I once again recruited the Hubs and the BroLa to run with me, so even more reason to smile.

My wonderful mother in law picked up my race packet for me.  No extra time on this girls feet!  She even made me a pasta dinner.  Number one fan for sure!

Race day started out with my amazing homemade bars. It's been quite the journey trying to figure out what my belly can handle before a high intensity workout.  I've had a few close calls to say the least.  Note to self.. cheese, salad, burritos are a NO!  My no bake energy bars seem to do the trick.  Tasty, cheap and easy!

Heat 1 cup of a nut butter and 3/4 cup of honey over medium heat stirring frequently until bubbles. Remove from heat.  Add dried fruit and chopped nuts. Stir.  Add 4 cups of rice crispy cereal. Stir.  Press tightly in a wax paper lined Pyrex pan.  Refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Cut.
Yum!

Score... clean post race pants!
We left the house on foot at 7:11 (11 minutes after our proposed departure since Brian is never ready on time) and arrived to the start with 10 minutes to spare.  We didn't have enough time to stand in line for a last minute pee, but we had plenty of time to take a few pre race photos.  

Starting to wonder why I think this running thing is fun

National Anthem
Ok, so not much to say about the race.  I basically just ran and ran for 13.1 miles.... oh, I did stop to pee once, a 1/2 mile in to the race since I missed my chance at the start.  I've grown up a bit as a runner this past year, and therefore I decided to pace myself.  It worked!  I PR'd with negative splits! It didn't hurt to have a good looking Hubs in a bright yellow ARM shirt to chase!

1:40:41 Chip Time


Strava time is faster at 1:40:12.... must be right because STRAVA doesn't lie! haha

My mother in law said I looked good at the finish (noting that in the past I could barely walk post race).  Maybe I didn't work hard enough then. haha.  I told her to wait until CIM if she wants to see my painful post race walk.  She just got a new fitbit yesterday, so she is on quite the roll.  I had trouble keeping up with her on the way home.  


1301 earned her 13.1 and COWBELL

Brian and I with White Howdy and Blue Howdy!  I wanted to take him home!  I'm not sure Mahoney would like him though.

Isn't Mrs. Howdy Pretty?
Peak a Boo

I am so grateful my in-laws wait until Thanksgiving to cover the pool.  It makes for a great ice bath! 

Brian only got a foot bath.... chicken! 
Post pool I took a hot shower and walked over to Labou.  I got a much deserved iced coffee and Labou chicken salad.  Sorry, no picture.  I scarfed it down! 

I'm so happy to have UCH 2015 in the books with a new half marathon PR.  Thanks to all my A Runners Mind friends, Kelly, Keith and Brian for helping me train to be my best! 


Thanks for Reading!

JayZHillier

I didn't get any pictures of the Hubs since he was taking all the pictures:(((  Bummer!

No comments:

Post a Comment