Life Through My Eyes

Life Through My Eyes

Thursday, October 9, 2014

Urban Cow Half Marathon - 2014

A blogpost in October could only mean one thing....... Urban Cow Half Marathon! Archives; UC2013, UC2011UC2010.  I have limited time these days so I am making this blog post quick and to the point with pictures and captions!  I'm sorry in advance that you won't get the nitty gritty details.

Urban Cow is my typical off season fun run.  This year it was a bit more then that as I took a backseat to cycling in order to spend time with family and friends, save PTO, focus on work and plan a wedding.  This by no means suggest that I have been sitting around on my ass gaining countless pounds before the big day.  I have more so traded the countless hours I previously spent on the bike for hours on foot.  People just don't understand why the sudden switch.  The reality is, the hours of training on foot are half that of cycling.  I can still train, race and have fun in half the time!  It's now gotten to the point that I really have no intention of going back to 2 wheels any time soon.  I am sorry cycling friends!  I am totally enjoying the fun of freedom on foot.  I have my eyes set on a Boston Marathon qualifying time for 2016, so feel free to follow me as I attempt to achieve that goal!

I got myself some new shoes and socks 3 days before the race.... probably should have invested in good shoes earlier. 

Pinned and ready the night before! 

Last year UC2013 Keith had a CX race after the Urban Cow Half.  I recall being completely debilitated as I watched him WIN the race.  This year his CX race was before the Half, so I was able to feed and cheer while he WON the race this year too!!!  I think I am good luck:) 

Urban Cow was super special this year as I got to run with my future Groom (Keith Hillier) and Best Man (Brian Hillier).  I couldn't have asked for better men to be by my side for the run or for life!
Keith's sister-in-law was running the relay and was able to snap a few pictures as we crossed the half way mark.  That is Keith in the gray shorts and white shirt trying to make it look like he is faster than me by running ahead for the picture.

My goal was 1:45:00.... I crushed that! My brother says he want's to see 7:00min splits. ha  

Here is a video of Keith and I holding hands while crossing the finish line.  (check back for the pic)


The best part of Urban Cow is all the family support waiting at the finish line! 

Oh ya, and the COWS! 

Post race recovery in the ICE COLD pool. 

This year I was feeling so good after the race, I was able to walk around the state capital with Amy, Brian and Keith, as well as complete the table seating assignments for the wedding! BAM! 

Next up is Nike Women's Half SF Oct 19th, Clarksburg 20 on Nov 9th and California International Marathon on Dec 7th!



Thanks for reading, 

JenniferMarie

No comments:

Post a Comment