Life Through My Eyes

Life Through My Eyes

Monday, October 7, 2013

Fall, My Favorite Season of All


Here we are, October.  It has been a long while since I have updated my thoughts.  Last time I was in touch, I was flying off to Indianapolis, IN.  Life pretty much remained the same throughout the summer with the Wednesday night red eye flights out to NTC racing destinations, and the Sunday night flights back into SFO just in time for the workweek.  The crazy schedule didn’t matter though.  I was having a blast racing and learning from the top women in the USA.  I had the opportunity to see other places and meet some wonderful people.  All made possible by the amazing support I received from the Hellyer Velodrome community and title sponsor Jakroo Custom Cycling Apparel. Unfortunately, this crazy cycle continued and the combination of the travel, training, racing and work definitely took its toll on me.  I ended up losing focus on the bike, which led to a string of bad judgment and injury.  I ended up crashing pretty hard the night before track nationals.  That crash ended the season early for me.  I attempted to ride, even race, but finally realized that I needed to take a mental a physical break from the sport of cycling. 

Me and Sara - My Twinsie
I must give a huge personal shout out to Michael Hernandez and Beth Newell for training, teaching and believing in me.  I thank you from the bottom of my heart for supporting me on my NTC journey.  I also want to thank Bill Nicely, not only for the countless hours you spent in the car traveling to races to support the Pinnacle road team, but the time you took out of your day to volunteer and support me as an individual at the track.  I have so many memories from this past year that are mine forever, and for that I thank you all.



As of right now I am enjoying the freedom October.  Hiking, running, friends, family, sleep and hopefully soon skiing! It’s been nice to catch up on life..... and to take even more pictures of Mahoney!  


Mahoneys October Freedom Enjoyment Face

Thanks for Reading

JenniferMarie


PS. I actually intended to blog about this past weekend’s festivities, but realized I owed my readers and explanation for my absence.  As a result of the weekend, I can barely walk (please don’t say “I told you so.” Sara Clafferty), so I’m sure ill have time to update later this week.  I'm currently hungry, time to eat!

No comments:

Post a Comment