Life Through My Eyes

Life Through My Eyes

Sunday, September 12, 2010

The Weekend Recap- Folsom Cyclebration

This weekend was one of the last hurrahs for most of the local cyclist. It was Folsom Cyclebration. Keith decided to race the road and mountain bike omnium, totaling 6 races in three days. He is one pooped pickle right now, sound asleep. Mahoney just meowed in his ear though and gave him a little scare. Mahoney doesn’t understand why we are both in bed right now. Poor confused kitty.
Friday was the MTB TT and the Road TT. As you know from my previous blog, I was in SF.Keith broke the MTB course record (16:01.58) previously held by Clint Claassen (16:02). WOW that is close! I think the only thing closer is the Phelps and Cavic finish in the Beijing Olympics.Following the record setting MTB TT, Keith headed over to the Road TT and scored an impressive 11th against a tough field.
Saturday began with a little relaxation. The MTB ST wasn’t until 1pm for me and 2pm for Keith.I actually didn’t decide to race until the last minute. Keith figured it would be beneficial for me to go on a long road ride and save myself a little money. I didn’t listen and decided to race anyway. I honestly think he was just trying to get out of fixing the flat on my MTB that I got during the Wed night PC race. Anyhow, Keith and I both won the tough 8 lap MTB ST race. The Stanford boys, Cortney, and Chris came out to cheer us on. I must say Bicycle Planet put on an awesome race. They gave both Keith and I Serfas True 150 Lumen lights for winning. If you don’t have one you should swing over and pick one up. They are rechargeable, always a plus. I hate looking for batteries that I don’t have. Following the race I headed off to work an evening shift, and Keith raced the Road Crit finishing 19th (I think). He later went to a BBQ with friends.We both arrived home a little after midnight.
This morning the alarm went off at 6am. I wasn’t really feeling like I wanted to get up after a late night. I had to do it for 2 reasons: 1) My coworker Garrett was awesome enough to work my shift so that I could race. 2) Asa worked her buns off building today’s MTB CX course. It went through the Folsom prison and the zoo. You can’t ride that everyday. Keith got everything ready and I just made sure I got in the car. The course was fun. The Expert split was pretty difficult with tight turns, single track, rocks, and loose dirt. The rest of the course was perfect for me with lot of hills and plenty of room to pass. It was definitely hot and I just couldn’t drink enough water. Keith and I both won the CX race as well. Keith needed to head off to the Circuit Race so Rich and I waited around to collect medals and awards. We grabbed a bite to eat at the local pizzeria. I was able to see the last three laps of the P12 men’s circuit race. I swear most of the field had dropped out, so I’m sure it was tough. Keith was still in it. I think he finished somewhere around 20th. He ended up getting 1st overall in the MTB and 13th overall in the Road. I must say, not bad honey!
We again ate with some friends and headed over to Folsom bikes to get a free coffee and tube. I decided to get another MTB tube to replace the one I used for the Wed flat. Keith opted for the road. I think we have tons of both either way. We came home and unpacked. I was finally able to take a shower. The first thing I noticed was how dirty my feet were. How in the world does the dirt get through my shoes and socks? I don’t know. I am not sure how people wash their feet, but I find it to be a little difficult to stand on one foot while soaping the other. My showers are never relaxing. Mahoney meows and plows into the door like he is a member of the SWAT team. I have to let him in because I can’t handle it. He has a ritual. He checks the toilet, just to see if by chance we left the toilet seat open. He jumps at any chance to drink out of it. He then goes to the sink that once upon a time had a leaky faucet. He is like an elephant that never forgets. Once he finds that neither is water accessible, he proceeds to eat the plant, which is also annoying. He has already broken a pot and always gets dirt everywhere. The best part is, he always vomits after eating plants. He really is a high maintenance cat.
Following the shower, food again (yes we eat a lot), feet are up.
That’s a wrap.


1 comment:

  1. Great weekend for the both of you. Dominating the mens and womens field.

    ReplyDelete