Life Through My Eyes

Life Through My Eyes

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Life on the A List

Sometimes I really think I need a reality TV show. I think my life is much more interesting then “Holly’s World” or “Bethany Getting Married.” “Kendra” is pretty cool though. I mean, currently I am sitting in bed watching Good Day Sacramento with my cat. I spent yesterday folding clothes and searching for a mini chick-fil-A cow. Today I have plans to go for a bike ride and try on my bridesmaid gown for Brynne’s wedding. Does life really get anymore interesting then that? Haha.

Ok, maybe my life isn’t reality TV worthy, but I am happier then I have ever been. For the first time in my life I am not wishing today were over, or trying to just finish this last project. Throughout high school and college I was always wishing the days away. I couldn’t wait for a test to be over, a project to be done, the semester to end, or the thesis to be a faint memory of my life. I always felt like I needed to turn in the best work and get the best grade. I never took time off, always went to summer school, and made sure to graduate in an appropriate manner of time. I am not sure why I did this. I think it is part of being the oldest. I had to be the one to set the bar high. I wanted my parents to be proud of me. I am now 25 with a graduate degree, and I still don’t feel like I have accomplished what I intended to do. The funny thing is that I don’t really know what I intended to do. My goal has always been to work my ass off and one day it will all pay off, and my life will be perfect. I have now realized that life isn't perfect. I read something that my friend Rebecca posted the other day...............

(The past has already happened. The future is what's yet to come, but everyday will always be a gift. That is why it is called the "present.")

The only thing I can really do today, is to enjoy the present, and that is exactly what I intend to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment