Life Through My Eyes

Life Through My Eyes

Tuesday, November 14, 2017

El Calafate

We were greeted by our guide Martin at the El Calafate airport, and chauffeured to our hotel Kosten AikeUnfortunately we wont be staying in El Calafate for long, as it is more of a hub destination before launching off on various destination hikes around El Chalten and Perito Moreno Glacier.  We took advantage of the time we had, walked around the main strip and headed down to Laguna Nimez to take in the views of the Lago Argentino.  Keith and I were immediately drawn to a massive jungle gym with great teeter-totters. We played around on it for about 5 minutes before all of a sudden my ass came off the seat and I found myself doing a ninja warrior move, wrapping my legs around the teeter-tater and holding on for dear life, before falling 5 feet to the ground.  Thank goodness I didn’t break anything, not even my spirit.  I couldn’t stop laughing about the incident.  I have a few bruises and a sore hand to remind me to take it a bit easier!  I have a feeling there is a reason they don’t make jungle gyms in the states like that anymore.  I would guarantee I am not the first person to have an accident. 

We met up with the rest of our crew for a mini orientation before heading to dinner at the hotel restaurant.  Tomorrow we set out for El Chalten.



Hotel we stayed at

Toasting Arrival 
Our Room

Keith having fun
Me partaking on this dangerous activity! 



Thanks for reading, 


JenniferMarie


No comments:

Post a Comment