Life Through My Eyes

Life Through My Eyes

Sunday, October 16, 2016

Aguas Calientes

We took a bumpy bus ride from Machu Picchu down a winding road to Aguas Calientes. This is where we enjoyed our last lunch with our tour guides and tour mates. It was sad to say goodbye to new friends, but I'm excited to have met more outdoor enthusiast from all over the world that I can call friends. As luck would have it, we are staying at the same hotel in Puno as another couple that was on the trek. I'm excited to catch up with them while we are there.

The Llama Path Crew
Bus ticket
After lunch we walked up a steep cobblestone street to our hotel, La Cabana. We checked in and headed straight to our rooms. You have no idea how excited I was to take a hot shower, sit down on a toilet and watch a little TLC. 

Making our way to La Cabana
A Bed!
They day was still young, so we couldn't go to sleep yet. We were in "Aguas Calientes" after all, so may as well enjoy some of that hot water at Banos Termales. It wasn't the best spot to relax since it was super crowded, but the people watching was amazing!  We are pretty sure a particular gentleman had a little crush on on the whitest gringo there, Keith. Haha

Hot Springs after the trek
The guy that had his eye on Keith looked like this... speedo and all.
We've been eating extremely well on this trip, and didn't want to end the streak here. We ended the day with a fine dinner and adult beverages at Incontri.

Dinner!
The next morning we woke up and enjoyed a continental breakfast before getting a massage at wonderful hands spa. We walked around the town and did a little shopping. I can't say for who or what because I don't want to ruin the surprise! 

Aguas Calientes Plaza 
The town at night
Since Incontri was so good, we had to eat there again before catching our train back to Cusco. 

Adult Beverages
Peru Rail
Train Ride!
Train Ticket

Aguas Calientes is such a wonderful little town, and a great place to put your feet up after the Inca trail. I'd highly recommend it. 

Aguas Calientes 
These hairless dogs are everywhere in Peru! 

We are now back to our Cusco apartment. We've really missed Chuck-Chuck, and it appears he has missed us too.

Chuck-Chuck ready for bed.

Next up, rainbow mountain! Departure time is 3am, so as always, I'm off to bed!



Thanks for reading, 


JenniferMarie 




I know, I know....

I'm sure you all want to hear about the Inca trail, and I promise I'll get to it when I have a good amount of time to dedicate to a proper blog post. 

No comments:

Post a Comment