Life Through My Eyes

Life Through My Eyes

Sunday, March 4, 2012

CCCX#1


I set out for Monterey this morning to race the first race of the CCCX series.  I had participated in the CCCX cross series and had a blast, so I had to give it a try.  The best part was that the women’s race was at 12:30pm, so I didn’t even have to get up before the sun. The drive was about two hours and I made a pit stop at a burger king in goodness knows where.  I was actually going to “check in,” but I didn’t want anyone to think that I was eating there.  Anyway, I hit the road again.  The first thing I did when I got to Fort Ord was pay a visit to the wonderful “green facilities.”  There was a little wet toilet paper stuck to the seat, but nothing that a little squat and hover couldn’t overcome. I quickly finished up and headed to registration.  I was given number 774.  To be honest, I just had to dig through my trash to find that out.  I had about an hour and a half before the race, so I suited up and set out for a good warm up.  I decided to wear the bibs and top even though Kerry says I look damn sexy in the skinsuit.  I have been eating large amounts of Nutella lately, so I wanted to keep the nutella-belly under wraps.  Oh yes, the race.  Well, it turns out that there were only 5 W123 that showed up for the fun.  There were 2 Los Gatos ladies, an early bird, my friend Erin, and Mwa.  We did 6 laps of rolling and windy fun.  One of the Los Gatos woman, who I will refer to as LG#1, attacked off the front early on.  We just let her stay out there alone in the wind, but kept her in sight.  On the fourth lap Erin and I decided we should probably catch her in an attempt to force LG#2 to do a little work.  The catch was made.  At the finish I was sitting 3rd wheel and took the inside for the uphill sprint and LG#2 took the outside and won.  She was well rested, so I am not surprised she passed me.  I actually think she sprinted by me out of fear of my massive bicep brachii (the arm muscle). Not to be confused with the bicep femoris, which is a muscle in the posterior thigh (aka hamstring)............ where was I going with that?  O yes, my bicep brachii was just bulging out as massive amounts of force was being applied to the handle bars as I sprinted.  LG#2 must have sprinted right past me out of fear of the bulging bicep.   I almost popped and eye out. Maybe I can find a picture later.  I did however get $25 in winnings:)   That doesn't quite pay for my entry fee, let along my gas, but I had fun.  That's all that matters I suppose.





Thanks for reading, 

JenniferMarie

1 comment: